Hi Lawrence,

The length of the 32 pounder is just over 50mm.

Hi chris

my apologies,having re-read my e-mail I realised that I have not explained very well at all.

What I really wanted to know is the measurements of a full size gun carriage from the victory,In order to scale it to fit the 32 pounder that my friend made for me.

Many Thanks

Lawrence

Thanks Joe,

I hope someone posts when the Victory is ready.

Richard

Richard
Member: The Nautical Research Guild
                Atlanta Model Shipwrights

Current build: Syren

Thanks Joe,

I hope someone posts when the Victory is ready.

Richard

Fear not! There is a huge bunch of folks here waiting for that notice!!!

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Chris,

If you're having quoting issues or issues posting pictures, check what version of IE you're on.  If IE11, uninstall the upgrade and reboot to roll it back to IE10.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Yep, definite quoting and linking issues with IE11, also can't post links to pictures from my Webshots account too! I can quote if I click 'quote' to open in another tab, but if I simply click 'quote', I get nothing!

Oh, the weight for the Victory is pure speculation on my part, I know the actual model weighs about 8kg, so if that's doubled, that should be more or less the weight of the kit - I know that the Vanguard plans and instructions alone weighed more than a complete Lady nelson kit!

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

I don't know what issues you guys are talking about. I use Google Chrome and never ever had an issue. ;)

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

If you're having quoting issues or issues posting pictures, check what version of IE you're on.  If IE11, uninstall the upgrade and reboot to roll it back to IE10.

Within Internet Explorer, look in the menu: Tools/Compatibility View Settings.

There you can add the website that doesn't work properly with IE11 to the list. For the sites in this list, IE will behave as an older version.

No guarantee that it works, but worth a try...

Current build: Wasa (Corel)

Already build: HMS Fly (Victory Models)

Chris (and others)

See this thead:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4968-functionality/   There's a post on how to uninstall IE 11.  Or just Google "uninstall IE 11".

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 4 weeks later...

You could always leave sections of hull planking off.

If you look through the gun and entry ports, you can still clearly see that they are full assemblies, and you can see other deck detail, too. Also, with the gratings off, you can see right down to the orlop - plus of course, you can have the stern windows in their open position, so you can look right down the gun decks. I wanted to do a kit where, no matter how hard you looked, there'd always be detail. Bellona was the test bed and Victory is the result.

Hi Chris, I have been over this thread several times. Unfortunately most of your earlier pictures were lost in The Great Crash. I would dearly love to know more about the construction, and more about what the ship would look like if planks were left off. Would you happen to have these pictures, and if it is not too much trouble - could you please repost them?

Also, have you heard anything from Amati as to when this kit will be released?

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel

Hi amfibius,

I don't think I really started the prototype of Victory before the 'great crash', so all the photos I posted are on this thread.

I am working on Victory (and Roman warship) right now, so I am not sure when Victory will be released yet.

Cheers,

Chris

logo.jpg

Thanks for the reply, Chris. I thought that you had finished the Victory and delivered it to Amati? I take it you are working on the plans and instructions?

Do you have any other pictures of the interior?

Anyway, you've helped me make a decision. I'll build another kit while I wait for yours :)

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel

Yes, plans and instructions,  and sorting through the hundreds of construction pics. Designing and building the prototype is only half the job when developing a kit - as much time again, sometimes even more time, is spent trying to ensure that people can build the model by way of text, pictures and line drawings.

logo.jpg

Hmm I'm very intrigued at how you've designed the roman warship. From what i;ve seen many many modelers really struggle with the curvature of the bow and stern.Is there going to be any tricks in the instructions (obviously when the prototype is done) or design features that well aid the modeler there?

Kits owned: Mamoli Royal Louis, Mamoli Friesland, Mamoli HMS Victory 1:90, Occre Santisima Trinidad, Constructo HMS Prince

Hmm I'm very intrigued at how you've designed the roman warship. From what i;ve seen many many modelers really struggle with the curvature of the bow and stern.Is there going to be any tricks in the instructions (obviously when the prototype is done) or design features that well aid the modeler there?

Can't really say at this point, but I can say there's a lot of pre cut parts, eliminating any need to pull one's hair out...:)

logo.jpg

I'm pretty sure you can show us some of the Roman ship (at least, I think I saw something between a Victory and a car that looks pretty much like a prototype Roman ship :) )

Jan

Just for you - this is the pre-prototype:

Quinprog4_zps3cb36757.jpg

logo.jpg

Yes, that's the one :)

Thanks for posting. That will be something different compared to the 'usual' kits.

How and where do you get your information with regard to dimenions, construction and materials?

Jan

Edited by amateur

Yes, that's the one :)

Thanks for posting. That will be something different compared to the 'usual' kits.

How and where do you get your information with regard to dimenions, construction and materials?

Jan

Lots and lots of research, buying many (expensive) books on the subject and then essentially starting from scratch, based on the research I did. There are no line drawings for this type of vessel so I had to make up my own before even starting the designs. (based on dimensions/length to width ratios etc.).

I did secure a full set of plans from the Trireme Trust, but to be honest, they were next to useless for the type of vessel I had in mind - a late Republic capital ship that perhaps Agrippa would recognise.

logo.jpg

Is this model going to replace the current Amati Greek Warship?  See build log at http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3985-bireme-greek-warship-480-bc-auvergne-amati-scale-135/

Chris, your model not only looks much longer, but no doubt it will also be quite large with the row ranks.  By the way, is the existing 1/1 model a good

reference?

JP