It's been a while.

I was working on Victory, but then I was sent my new designs for the Prince in laser cut and PE parts, so I figuered I'd build up the prince hull first, so that I can courier the hull over to Amati. They will then get a very good carver to make all new carvings for the model, have them cast, and then send me back the hull and loose catings. I can then continue, and finally finish the Prince!

When the prince is with Amati, I shall complete the Victory drawings/plans/instructions, which should be no later than Summer.

I know Amati are keen to finalise both Prince and Victory, and I am hoping Victory will be ready for release either late this year or very early next.

I have attached a couple of pics of Prince in progress. I have just completed the first planking. I re-done the designs to include three more main bulkheads, (almost) full length decks from lover gun deck upwards, and the new gun port designs that are now intergeral to the hull, rather than the 1mm ply gun port patterns of the old design.

post-4332-0-91554800-1423254608_thumb.jpg

post-4332-0-96888500-1423254621_thumb.jpg

Edited by chris watton

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

Very nice Chris. I always enjoy seeing your designs!

Thanks for sharing :)

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1/48  Duchess of Kingston

Completed Build Logs: USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

WOW Chris!!!!I had got my head around no more kits for me,then you post this :D  :D This would have to be the one exception!!!No rush though many thousands of hours ahead with my current projects,plus a break due to my workshop going into storage whilst I am currently relocating :huh:  :huh:

Kind Regards

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

Oh WOW!. I keep telling myself I have enough kits on my shelf, and suddenly the Amati Victory is on the horizon. Better start saving or maybe try to sell a couple of the kits in my stash. :)

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

I will follow you with the  savings Ulises  :D  :D

This is good new Chris !

I think I make my wish list for Christmas 2016 ......

Sjors

That HMS Prince has my mouth watering. Someone said to me when I was considering making a Victory (something I have wanted to do since I was a kid!) ... "every man and his dog is making a HMS Victory". Hence my Royal William. I would definitely buy a Prince. What scale is she going to be in? 

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel

Prince is 64th scale, same as Victory, but being almost 100 year's older, it is somewhat smaller. In fact, it is almost identical in length to the old original Amati Prince (which was given a scale of 1:78...). So no larger than the kit that was available over 40 year's ago! (Just a little more accurate and, hopefully, a lot easier to build).

Also, because of the spritsail topmast and no long mizzen boom protruding over the stern, it is a lot shorter than Victory.

As for Victory, there are many kits available at smaller scales, but I think this is the first at 64th and to have full lower decks detail, complete with a full compliment of cannon and scale carriages.

logo.jpg

Don't misunderstand me. I see that these kits are wonderful kits. Problem is that my workshop and home does not fit around a 1:64 ,Vic. I therefore would prefer something much smaller in scale.

By the way: what js the current status of the galleon Revenge?

Jan

Edited by amateur

Thanks for the reply, Chris. I am somewhat confused as to why this 1:64 Prince should be "almost identical" in length to Amati's earlier 1:78 Prince? 

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel

Hi Jan,

I know for a fact that Amati are working hard to get Revenge released ASAP, so it shouldn't be too long. (Please rare in mind that I am almost 1000 miles away from Amati, so am not sure what goes on there day-to-day - I only know Revenge is imminent because of the last minute emails I recieve, asking for final clarification on some parts)

keith, I think they got the scale wrong on Prince all those year's ago, I think it's really as simple as that. I used the drawings/lines taken off the original dockyard model, scaled them down from 48th to 64th and that's was the basis for the new Prince (And Van De Velde drawings for details of the actual Prince). Apart from size, almost everything was wrong with the original Amati model.

logo.jpg

Good morning Chris, i have been away from my boat building for a couple of months due to one reason or another, lol mainly the other, lovely yo see another design of yours in progress

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Chris: Appreciate the update on the progress of Amati release of kits. While Im still holding on hope for the release of the Bellona kit, the Prince kit has me tempted.. Keep the pics and updates coming.. and thanks for keeping us in the loop this far in the process.

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Member, Nautical Research Guild

Wikipedia states a length of about 140 ft. and about 400 tons. Iassume the 140 ft. at that disp. would be on the gundeck which should give us a 27 in. hull and maybe 35 in. or so overall at 1~64. Not bad to work with. Amateur,you can always resort to reminding the Memsahib that the many hours spent on this are not hours spent hanging out with those ne er~do~wells at the local watering hole. Works most of the time.

Well,its probably too much to hope that it would work again. Ihave ever found that Memsahibs have prodigous long memories.Which brings me to the point. Have you any idea what the price of this kit is anticipated to be ? Just in case I have to conjure up a new ploy of my own.

• 2 weeks later...

Many years ago when I took up this nautical adventure in miniature I dreamed that the Victory would be my definitive build......after building the Corel offering and breaking it up and salvaging it for parts,  I think that this Amati offering may be my dream build............

JP

Built & De-Commissioned: HMS Endeavour (Corel), HMS Unicorn (Corel),

Abandoned: HMS Bounty (AL)

Completed : Wappen Von Hamburg (Corel), Le Renommee (Euromodel)... on hold

Current WIP: Berlin by Corel

On Shelf:  HMS Bounty (Billings),

• 1 month later...

Beautiful !!!

http://www.amatimodel.com/en/new-entries/revenge

be sure to click the 3D animation, and wait for the image to stabilize as you rotate it around.

Clicked on  Search Reseller, appears to only be available from sellers in Italy at this point. No idea on pricing that I could determine. (I know that link was posted previously) They do list USA resellers of Amati but not for this issue, as of yet.

Check my last sentence, Just checked with Age of Sail in California, they are expecting this kit next month.

Michael

Edited by md1400cs

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Beautiful !!!

http://www.amatimodel.com/en/new-entries/revenge

be sure to click the 3D animation, and wait for the image to stabilize as you rotate it around.

Clicked on  Search Reseller, appears to only be available from sellers in Italy at this point. No idea on pricing that I could determine. (I know that link was posted previously) They do list USA resellers of Amati but not for this issue, as of yet.

Check my last sentence, Just checked with Age of Sail in California, they are expecting this kit next month.

Michael

Wow. I might have to give this one serious consideration.

Vince P.

Vince,

My only reservation would be if this kit looks SO awesome because Chris Watton added his "magic" though the Amati link does seem to indicate that the kit also includes patterns for the wonderfully colorful upper hull artwork. I'll wait for reviews here at MSW. Yes,  It certainly is super tempting.

Michael

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know the latest on this?

When did the reference to the Revenge become active at Amati's website?

It's there now, but no reference to MSRP....no reference that I can find at Cornwallmodelboats either.

I'd love to know where I can buy it and how much it costs!

I have contacted Ages of Sail regarding this issue. They responded, and they said that they will contact me with USD pricing info when product comes in. Oh my -- it is a beautiful ship kit...I'll update this thread when I have their price.

Michael

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

I have contacted Ages of Sail regarding this issue. They responded, and they said that they will contact me with USD pricing info when product comes in. Oh my -- it is a beautiful ship kit...I'll update this thread when I have their price.

Michael

OK, thanks.

I guess I didn't realize this kit is not quite ready to roll yet.

I like this era of ship and it is a refreshing change from the usual suspects.

B)