Triton cross-section by Matrim - FINISHED

Joss,

your section is really a beautyfull model.Perhaps you find the time to make some better pictures. Your model is a good inspiration for other modeleres how the section looks like after finishing.

I am thinking of doing a second section to test some features I like to practice for my HMS Fly build.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

1st completed build that I've seen with copper sheeting on it.

Looks nice.

Later Tim

Edited by Tim C

Current Build -- Finishing a 1:1 House that I've been building for a while

Current Build -- Triton Cross Section

When I get round to it I have another (fullish) old build log that goes into some good detail on how to do the copper.Uweks also has an interesting discussion on it though it I remember correctly he actually plated his.

Should be updating the John/Uwek ones again at the weekend.

Joss

Congrats and well done!

Jeff

In progress:
Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Company -1/2" scale

USS Constitution - Model Shipways - Scale 1:76

HMS Granado - CAF Model - 1:48

HMS Sphinx - Vanguard

Joss,

Your build is one of the "gold standards" in my opinion.  There's some deep sadness that yours was one of the one's lost.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Nice work Joss. Thanks for re-posting.

Ron

Current Build: H.M.S. Triton Cross Section 1:48

Why is it that I always find out the best way to do something is after I have already done it the wrong way? - Me

• 1 year later...