Ole Judichær and Danish Naval Ship Construction and Design in the late 17th Century

For those interested in Danish shipbuilding, the following Master's Thesis may be of interest.

Massimiliano Ditta. 2014. “Ole Judichær and Danish Naval Ship Construction and Design in the Late 17th Century: A  Preliminary Analysis of the Model of the 54-Gun Prinz Wilhelm in the Collection of the Royal Danish Naval Museum.” Master’s Thesis. Maritime Archaeology Programme, University of Southern Denmark. https://www.academia.edu/6915299/Ole_Judich%C3%A6r_and_Danish_Naval_Ship_Construction_and_Design_in_the_late_17th_Century_A_preliminary_analysis_of_the_model_of_the_54-gun_Prinz_Wilhelm_in_the_collection_of_the_Royal_Danish_Naval_Museum.

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Thanks for this url, Wayne. I'd come across Judichaer's name a number of times and it was interesting to read about his life and career. The examination and analysis of the model was also fascinating.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting article. Lots of Dutch ship building involved in Denmark in those days.

If you search the rest of that site one comes across all kinds of naval articles.

I looked at the links on image processing/CAD software he uses and 'Photosynth is a very advanced app. that I can use in my landscape design. I presently have an app on an old Mac from the late 80's that does the trick as well but it is a wire frame.

Marc

Edited by Marcus Botanicus

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

Marc -

I have found Academia.edu to be a fantastic resource for a wide array of published and unpublished information.  I may go there to access a single paper I was looking for and find myself following numerous tangents and other trails to even more that I may not have known I was seeking! 

I am not familiar with RHINO or Photosynth, but definitely will be checking both out. 

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus