How best to cut out bulkheads?

As I mentioned in another post I picked up an Amati HMS Price  circa 1975. The kit comes in a wooden box nor cardboard.

And it was made before Laser cutting, even before die cutting.  One must cut out the bulkheads from 1/4" Plywood.

The basic bulkheads are not a problem and I have a Band saw with a 1/8" blade and a scroll saw as well.

Problem comes in to play cutting out the many "window like" openings (see photos).  I drilled a hole at each corner then using the scroll saw cutout the window by disconnecting the blade inserting it through the hole then reconnecting the blade.  Needless to say this is very time consuming, AND I'm getting some shredding on the far side of the hole even using the blade with the highest TPI and at moderate speed.   Again see photos.

There may not be any easier way to do this, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.  I've already talked with three laser cutters in Phoenix and all say the photo setup plus cutting will run near $500.00 so that is not an option.

Thanks for the help.

Tom