Idf this is in the wrong forum please move it.

I'm sort of getting back into ship modeling after thirty years. I am building Model Shipways Pride of Baltimore and need a display stand 24" X 9" X 1/2" Thick.  Looked at most of the vendors but none are over 6" wide.  I hate to try and make one as I have no router etc.  I'm using the practimum of Lauck for my build and he is using this size and I want to continue along with his directions as they are really helping me get back into modeling again especially witgh all of the new kits-tools-and methods to build. While I am asking does anyone know where you can get already built ship cannons which include the 1" barrels-carriage and tucks.

Page T

Idf this is in the wrong forum please move it.

I'm sort of getting back into ship modeling after thirty years. I am building Model Shipways Pride of Baltimore and need a display stand 24" X 9" X 1/2" Thick.  Looked at most of the vendors but none are over 6" wide.  I hate to try and make one as I have no router etc.  I'm using the practimum of Lauck for my build and he is using this size and I want to continue along with his directions as they are really helping me get back into modeling again especially witgh all of the new kits-tools-and methods to build. While I am asking does anyone know where you can get already built ship cannons which include the 1" barrels-carriage and tucks.

Page T

I for one would like to follow up on this.

I am also interested in a display case, but with different dimensions.

Is there, or was there, a thread along those lines before, or can you help Page T and me start this one??

I can make one but need suggestions about how to join the corners, etc.

BTW  Welcome back to modeling. After thirty years you are probably a bit 'rusty'  .,. like me and my poor hands . . .

Edited by Modeler12

Jay

Current build Cross Section USS Constitution  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10120-cross-section-forward-area-of-the-uss-constitution/

Finished USS Constitution:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/103-uss-constitution-by-modeler12/

'A picture is worth a  . . . . .'      More is better . . . .

• 4 months later...