Thermoplastic sails. 22 of them

Moltinmark

I am a assembling a kit of the clipper  Sea Witch. A plastic model and out am now at the point where I have to decide to put sails on or not. the kit came with thermoplastic sales and I would like some input as to whether that I should use them. I understand that making sails is a whole nother endeavor and since I'm new at this I'm thinking of putting the thermal plastic sail on it. can I have some pro and con input or maybe some tips on how to do this.  the scale is 1/96 so there's not a lot of room for the halyards. So I'm thinking of only running single lines on the halyard and cheating a bit or do I just do it is standing sales and try to figure out a way to do furled Sails. 

20201210_173606.jpg

Moltinmark 

If you do decide to use the plastic sails, you would do well to glue in a bolt rope around the edge of the sail (on the back side).  Otherwise, you will find it nearly impossible to attach rigging to the sails without having it tear out.

If your rigging plan is like most others found in these kits there will be many lines for the sails omitted or rigged incorrectly.  I recently completed one where the plans completely omitted lifts, halyards, and downhauls, as well as there was not a single block called for anywhere in the rig.

Regards,

Henry

Laissez le bon temps rouler ! 

Current Build:  Le Soleil Royal

Completed Build Amerigo Vespucci