Mantua/Panarts Amerigo Vespucci Help!

Hi I'm looking around now at models for a potential future build. I like the look of the Amerigo Vespucci, however the pricing has confused me somewhat.

If you take a look at Panarts version it costs £670 (not including the £80 sail kit) @1:84 scale

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/amerigo_vespucci_741.html

Now at Mantuas kit, it only costs £295 ( not including the £80 sail kit) @1:100 scale

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/amerigo_vespucci_799.html

I don't understand why there is such a huge price difference considering the scales are only slightly different, and Panart kits are a brand of Mantua models, so I guess they are similar in quality?

If anyone could explain this to me that would be great!!

Cheers,

Pete

Previous build -  HM Schooner Pickle
Current build -    HMS Snake 1:64
Future Build -      Sergal Cutty Sark

Pete, there is a huge difference in the kits. The Panart kit is the one to get if you can afford it as its a bigger scale and the fittings are superb. The Mantua kit is smaller and not as detailed.

Wow, thanks for such a quick reply. Do you mean the panart kit includes more fittings or just the same fittings in a better quality? I know the scale is bigger, but it just seems too big a price difference considering its only 25cm longer? Edited by ModelBoatMaker

Previous build -  HM Schooner Pickle
Current build -    HMS Snake 1:64
Future Build -      Sergal Cutty Sark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete, I'm currently building Amerigo Vespucci in the 1/84 scale. If the cost is to great in one go, take a look at Cornwall Model Boats and you'll it possible to buy the kit in sections. You can also download the instruction manuals free of charge, which I would suggest is essential.

She is a big ship and quite a commitment. I'm about 18 months into the build and will update the log in the next few days.  Good luck.

Best wishes

Richard

Best wishes

Jimbob (Richard)

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.