I originally bought this with a view to scratch building HMS Winchelsea. I don't think that's going to happen now as I've still got HMS Sphinx on the stocks and Indefatigable and a couple of smaller kits in their boxes. We're planning to move to a retirement village later this year so I won't be taking my big workshop tools with me (I'm also going to list my Proxxon DS460 scroll saw). I used the sander once to shape some replacement parts for a friend's rocking horse and it did a great job. It's very solidly built and would be useful for general DIY jobs as well as model building. 

IMG_7297.thumb.JPG.d00daa0b88aae0e48b5d4ae69701bdd1.JPGIMG_7300.thumb.JPG.16f3ed4c68711e1a42700bc7813fa88b.JPG

The machine came with six coarse grit sanding sleeves and I bought a second fine grit set.

The sander retails for just under £170 plus around £10 for the extra sleeves. I'd be happy for it to go to a Forum member for £100. 

Due to size and weight this will have to be for collection only, from Worksop in North Nottinghamshire.

Derek

Cheers, Derek

Current build:   Duchess of Kingston

On hold:              HMS Winchelsea

Previous builds:  HMS SpeedyEnglish Pinnace, Royal Yacht Caroline (gallery),

Victory Cross-section (gallery), US Clipper Albatros, Red Dragon (years ago!)

On the stocks:    18th Century Longboat

• The title was changed to SOLD - For Sale - Oscillating Bobbin Sander (UK)