SeaWatch Books

The Watch 

February 2024

Captain's Log

Happy February! I realize it's been a few months since I sent out a newsletter - it was a very busy end of 2023/beginning of 2024. But, I am delighted to use this first issue of the year to announce that Volume III of the Roger's Collection of Dockyard Ship Models is finished and is at the printer! I know it has been a long time coming and I appreciate everyone's patience. If you haven't pre-ordered yet, there is still time. Note that once we start shipping, the price for new orders will be going up.

With Rogers III now finalized, we can turn our attention to some other projects in the works including David Antscherl's Fubbs, which I had mentioned in September, and a new book by Ab Hoving (see below). 

Plus, I have news about a new author...

Cheers,

Capt. Mike

Introducing Dutch 17th Century Ship Models in Paper

Ab Hoving and his son Emiel are back with another beautifully designed book about 17th century Dutch ship modeling, but this time using paper as the primary building medium!

In this introduction to scratch building ship models in paper, Ab provides detailed overviews for building a "smalschip" and a Pinas based on Nicolaes Witsen's 17th century work. He also provides thoughts and tips for other merchantmen and men of war. The book includes plans that can be used to build your own paper models following Ab's commentary and Emiel's photos and illustrations.

If you've never tried your hand at building a paper model or thought the pre-printed paper "kits" never looked great, this is the book for you. And it's a perfect companion to Ab's other books on Dutch shipbuilding and modeling.

Stay tuned for more details and release date!
kgbl99coph70e2c885n62q14q2of.png?width=1200

Gary Morgan Joins SeaWatch Books' Author Roster
I'm delighted to announce a project with new author Gary Morgan. You may know Gary from Model Ship World where he goes by the handle Morgan. He had recently completed a very intriguing and thoroughly researched investigation into the appearance of HMS Victory at Trafalgar.
Read More on Our Blog