De-moderninzing the Pride of Baltimore II

I'm in the process of building this kit. Due to some mistakes on the part of the guy I bought it from ,who had started the build, the transom came out too small for the proper Pride of Baltimore graphics. She's now been christened "Fair Charlene" after the admiral ;-)I was already planning on leaving off some modern additions like the propellors, radar gear, life preservers to make her look a bit more like a period Clipper. The deck is much to cluttered to have been used as a working vessel back in the day. Engine compartment hatches could be eliminated etc. I've installed a tiller instead of a ship's wheel and would like to know what else I can eliminate or replace. I'm thinking that a period BC would have a capstan rather than the more modern winch included in the kit. Any other suggestions welcomed.

I'm not after a museum quality totally accurate model. I'd just like something that looks reasonably like a period ship. Thanks.

Here's the link to my build log so far;