Bluenose II by Prowler901 - Artesania Latina - 1:75

This shall be my late entry of a build log for my AL Bluenose 2.  I bought this kit back in August of 1993 and began assembly of the hull.  I was in the Navy at the time and serving on submarines.  Our operation tempo was pretty high and I wasn't home much.  But, I did manage to get the first planking completed and half of the second planking.  Then, as it often does, life threw some curves and priorities changed, blah, blah, blah....  In any event the hull traveled everywhere I moved to.  It stayed on the same build board that I started it on.  Most impressively it traveled well and there was only one small crack in a bulwark that was easily fixed.  So, work finally began again in earnest in early 2019.  At which time I finished the second planking, deck furniture, masts and standing rigging.  Now I'm currently working on the sails and running rigging.

God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll have her finished before her 30th birthday.

Todd

WoodenBoatModel_01.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_02.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_03.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_04.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_05.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_06.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_07.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_08.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_09.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_10.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_11.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_12.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_13.JPG

WoodenBoatModel_14.JPG

WoodenBoatModel_15.JPG

WoodenBoatModel_16.JPG

WoodenBoatModel_17.JPG

WoodenBoatModel_18.JPG

WoodenBoatModel_19.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_20.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_21.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_22.jpg

• 1 month later...

Progress has been made.  All of the sails are now rigged.  So, I'm down to belaying all the lines.  I've got them all marked with their respective numbers and the drawings show which pins to run them to.

But, I'm looking for any advice from everyone here on where best to start.  And, anything to look out for?

WoodenBoatModel_23.jpg

WoodenBoatModel_224.jpg