Lowell Grand Banks Dory by Magarkus - Model Shipways - 1:24

Wow! Been a little bit since my first post. But been in the tower for a little over a month now, and just got service up here, and can post my build log finally. I'm getting close to finishing the build, but seeing as it's my first ship wanted to share my experience. I definitely learned a lot. And a huge thanks for all the advice and suggestions for first builds from everyone. If I tried anything more complex than this ship I would have been so lost, ha.

PXL_20220714_033128213.jpg

Point and case the stern of the ship ended up being incredibly concaved which I didn't realize until much too late. Not a huge deal though and I've still managed everything fine, just had to tweak a couple things here and there to make it work. Honestly just happy I got this far in the build in the first place.

PXL_20220719_211351447.jpg

PXL_20220720_232840681.jpg

This is where I'm currently at, have a few touch ups with painting. And need to glue the thole pins in still. But the concave part of the stern has made it incredibly difficult to get the cap rail to fit on right and I ended up breaking the end of one cap rail trying to fit it in place. But I think I'm going to do my best to fashion some custom shaped pieces for the stern end of the cap rail out of some extra basswood. And hopefully it'll turn out okay. Then of course need to do a bit of final detailing, but I'm almost done! And some pictures from my lookout as requested!

PXL_20220724_041843390.jpg

PXL_20220709_181207084.jpg

PXL_20220708_032654455.jpg

PXL_20220713_034011355.NIGHT.jpg