Chesapeake Bay Flattie by DonInAZ - Midwest Products - 1:32 – My second wood ship model - SMALL

Posted (edited)

Well I'm finally getting around to doing another wood ship (boat in this case...lol!) model.  I finished my Chesapeake Bay Crabbing Skiff some time ago and as I have stated in other posts, my intention was to work through some of these small Midwest kits as a starting point to obtain the skills necessary to tackle larger modeling projects in the future.

So for my second model, I've selected another Skill Level 1 kit.  The Chesapeake Bay Flattie.  This one will have slightly more rigging and an additional sail from the crabbing skiff.
Chesapeake Bay Flattie Box

It is my sincere hope that this build will not take anywhere near the 5 years that my first build took.   Hopefully with a dedicated model building room and fewer interruptions, this build will be "smooth sailing"!  As always, I'm sure I will have many questions and I look forward to engaging the tremendous pool of talented builders on this forum once again.

OK, first up is a parts inventory.  Stay tunded for that! 

Edited by DonInAZ

Current Build: Chesapeake Bay Flattie by Midwest Products

Completed Builds:  Chesapeake Bay Crabbing Skiff by Midwest Products

I also built this kit as my second wood model. You will enjoy it. If you want to take it up a notch, you can get lots of ideas for detailing the basic kit by searching for flatties online.

Good luck!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix