Which kit to start with

golddustpeak

I've aquired two older kits that I would like advice on as to which to start with.

They are:

The Swift by Artesania Latina

and

The Bluenose by Amati

Years ago I did a couple of POB ships and have a fair understanding of the processes.

So now I want to do it again.

I'm thinking that the Swift might be the best choice for a semi beginner to help me develop my skills, but I would love to read your comments.

TNX

you seem to already have a good game plan.........sounds like a good choice.

.............how can I say this,  without getting bombarded by fruit........... :huh:

the Swift has more of a bash factor.  yes,  there's a lot of information out there on them,  but in my mind,  the Bluenose is more of a replica build than the swift.   I think you'd also have an easier time of it.   good luck with your getting back into the hobby....start with the swift.  I'm going to duck now..........I'll peek from time to time.  :)   good luck !

:sign:

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

The only ships I had done long in to past were solid hull (and I only did about 3 or 4 of them) so I am hesitant about plank on.  Is it that time consuming and are there books with which to begin?  Oh, I know patience is the name of the game.  But any advice would be appreciated.