Hi

I'm building Jotika 1:64 scale model H.M.Brig Badger as my first attempt at model building and I'm having difficulties with the stern fascia. It is made from 1.5mm walnut ply and has cutouts for 4 windows making it quite delicate. The top edge has to be glued to the transom cabin roof support which has to remain flat, and the lower edge has to be glued to the 4 stern extensions which form a curve. How do I achieve this curve on the lower portion? I have tried once already after soaking it but only succeeded in breaking it in two at one of the window cutouts.

As I am new I hope I am asking this question in the right place in the right way.

Walnut ply isn't the best material for this purpose. Soaking it well was a good move, but rather than bend it on the model, bend it and clamp it on a curved form that will support the whole fascia. Best is a two-piece curved form if you have the facility to cut it out. Leave the assembly overnight. Hopefully this will work for you.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv