Advice needed for protecting copper plates

Does anyone have suggestions for solving problems I have encountered in trying to seal copper plates on my Vanguard.  The saga is described in painful detail in my Vanguard log in  kits in progress.

Advice/ experience gratefully received.

RMC

Zapon lacquer is often used to protect metal parts from oxidation and tarnishing. I never used it myself but I once read that you have to be careful when applying it with a brush as you might enclose tiny air bubbles. Spraying is better, as Brian C said. Zapon lacquer is very well known and available world-wide, presumably also in Australia.

Lou

Let it age naturally, any spray lacquer is very likely to show any poorly covered area in time as it will develop a patina unlike the covered area and it will look patchy, seen this so many times in brass and copper objects however carefully sprayed. Aged looks better in my opinion every time.

Norman

Norman

Current build Trumpeter Arizona 1:200 with White Ensign PE and a Nautilus Wooden Deck.

Built Caldercraft Convulsion, HM Brig Badger and HMS Snake.

Awaiting - Zvelda HMS Dreadnought planning to get the Pontos Deck and PE Upgrades, Panart 1:23 Gun deck model and couple of the cannon kits Manatu - French siege mortar, and American coastal cannon.

Thank you all for your thoughts.  My problem has been not with "normal" aging/tarnishing, but really unsightly streaks and blobs which appear very, very quickly after very thorough cleaning, and which even appears under a coating of polyurethane.  I suspect it is a reaction of some kind which, having cleaned off a poly coating twice, now seems to be dissipating. I have never seen anything like this before.

Bob (RMC)