Bulkheads interfear with Gun Ports how to fix

I am working on the HMS Victory and find that bulkheads interfear with the gun port location in several places, especially on the second deck. What should I do in order to mount the half cannons? Help please.

If you haven't yet planked the model, then the best thing to do is modify the bulkhead at the offending gin port position. Cut out a space in the bulkhead that is the same size and as deep as the dummy cannon.

If you have already planked over the bulkhead, use a Dremel or similar and cut away the exposed bulkhead so that the barrel can fit unimpeded.

I have utilised both methods over the years.

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

Hello Dnevin,

This is a great site for learning/sharing tips and techniques.

Chris already answered your question.

But have you considered starting a buildlog of your Victory?

There are a lot of members building the Victory. You'll find plenty of help from everyone.

Good luck with your build,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Which kit are you doing, which company. There are plenty of logs for different company for that ship. Look and see if anyone else had the same problem. There is a know issue with the template for the gun ports. But without knowing which company am not sure about it.  Like Anja suggest start a log and there are more people here that can help out with anything that comes up and can also warn you ahead of time about others stuff.

Wacko

Joe :D

Go MSW :) :)

• 2 weeks later...