electric plank bender

Last time tried to bend planks with water and clamps, it was a balsa model on plywood frame setup; the Dutch trainer Lilian Dan by Billings' Cracked some wood doing it. This time will try to use a Shipways electric wood bender.

Adding tools and other supplies for building the model just got the wood bender yesterday. They said the unit would be $29.99 shipping would be $44.00 Canadian but only charged me $7.50 shipping so saved money! Almost did not order the wood bender but remembered Billing's model, my last project.

Got some great cloth for the sails at the local cloth store "out of the bargain bin" will stitch lines in it to look like it was sewn like the real sails also purchased some people from a train hobby shop; can repaint them to look like fishermen in 1/48th scale. Just getting more hobby tools and prep is fun.

Reading on this sight have learned what tools to not purchase and what I could have used last time.

Will take pictures of my progress when it starts to go together.

Looked at plans for the same type of fishing schooner from a PEI and a Nova Scotia museum. Went on a boat trip to view an underwater wreck; It was a 100' 3 mast schooner, The model is a smaller two mast unit but was able to see the windlass used and the main hull frame layout; Enjoying the research. 

Edited by Borden
typo error editing