Occre Kits

ross

Ihave a question reg Occre kits, i am looking for my next build,and like the apostel felipe,and the endeavoure,my question is the occre endevour on par with the cc kit,and does anybody have any info on the occre apostel felipe, re how good plans,instrutions and materials of kit, many thanks  Ross.

I am not familiar with those particular kits you mention. I own OcCre's Santísima Trinidad kit and what I have seen in the box, so far, is of excellent quality. Remember that OcCre is perhaps the newest kit manufacturer in the market and that it spawned from some Artesania Latina's people who wanted to make better kits. This should say something about the company.

Hope someone else can shed more light on the kits you mention.

Regards

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Many thanks for the reply,it is interesting about the quality of the Santisima Trinidad you have,and thank you for the background information, hoping for some more replys.Ross.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought their Dos Amigos last year. The hull is inaccurate. I have a set of Admiralty draft copies and she does not measure up. For one thing the deck house is way too big. They've simplified the stern to a transom stern rather than counter and transom as on the original. etc. etc. A lot of the wood is just not nice at all. I did have a build log on the forum before it went pear-shaped, so it's no longer here. basically, I used their hull planks, but replaced the deck with Lime, rebuilt the stern - and the stem. A lot of work....