Sloop-rigged Pink by Meriadoc Brandybuck - FINISHED - 1:100 - CARD - after af Chapman - first-time scratch build

When you first showed the becalmed main gaff sail, i instantly thought of all the nautical paintings i had seen. The sails look absolutely magnificent, a rare "action scene" portrayed in model form. Surely, your vessel would fit perfectly into a harbor or river painting from the 19th century. On another note, that Fluyt of yours looks like it's coming along nicely! looking forward to seeing it complete. 

On 3/24/2023 at 1:29 PM, Ferrus Manus said:

nautical paintings

Thank you kindly for your compliments! I’m not entirely happy with the results I achieved compared to period paintings, but happy enough to want to try again with other subjects. The paintings are such a wonderful thing to have access to, serving as a sort of unphotographic record of nautical scenes from centuries not blessed with cameras, thus why not try to replicate some of their magic in our models? 

The “fluyt” that snuck into this build log is actually a sort of pinas, called a jacht apparently, and I have a build log for it if you are interested (though it’s been a slow go):

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/32866-duyfken-by-meriadoc-brandybuck-seahorse-1100/#comment-950561

Meriadoc

Edited by Meriadoc Brandybuck

• The title was changed to Sloop-rigged Pink by Meriadoc Brandybuck - FINISHED - 1:100 - CARD - after af Chapman - first-time scratch build