Heller 1/100 HMS Victory mast alignment

JEFFRAV

I got the 2 lower decks on my ship then dry fitted upper decks well it looks like the 3 mast are not lining up right. It seems they are slightly leaning forward. I know they should be leaning slightly aft with the rake. Looks like i am going to have to enlarge the holes in the decks to get them to lean aft or will the shrouds pull them back. Would like to know if anybody has run into this problem.

Never heard anyone mention about them leaning forward. Are the aft edges of your decks properly aligned with the transom ends of the hull halves? Are the masts mating with the steps at the keel? At any rate yes, you'll have to correct them by filing. Foremast should be vertical, mainmast slightly raked, mizzen a little more so.

There is a known issue with the mainmast openings; one of the them is out of kilter I think it was the middle or quarter deck. This needs to be filed. You are wise to be checking alignment as you go!

A

Ian lower decks are lined up right. Did a little filing on the them now it seems better. I was wondering about the rake on the mast no info on these terrible heller instructions. I guess maybe i was missing the step holes hard to see 3 decks down. Thanks for the info!

• 10 months later...

hi also building this kit ,the instructions are diabolical, it confused me really early on in the build , after hull built, you start to add 0.3 lines ,4 off witch have deadeyes and the instruction says m9, m10 ect when you final find the relevent sprue it just says m and no numbers and a couple says M , i have just fitted and 1 from m and hope its correct