Red Dragon by EdwardZ - FINISHED - Artesania Latina - 1/60 - Build Photo Montage Video - Build finished in 2020

Hi All,
Please check out the photo montage video of my 1:60 Scale Artesania Latina's Red Dragon Armed Chinese Junk Ship.
The building started on May 12, 2020 and finished on July 22, 2020. I modified the ship by using some historical junk ships as design references.
Hopefully, you will like the unique build. Thank you.

Photo MONTAGE of building the Artesania Latina's Red Dragon

• 3 months later...

Hi I recently was given the red dragon chinese junk model as a present in that I had been putting ships in bottles for year or so . My friend thought I needed a change . 

So I have started it and have come across a couple of queries which the instructions and photos from EdwardZ  have not resolved . Hoping someone has recently completed the model 

My first issue is to find how best to merge and end  the planking to the bow and the stern . See Picture . I am uncertain as to to remove the pins or push them fully in when noting that the Hull is double planked with another layer of planks

20230223_122319.jpg

20230223_122254.jpg

20230223_122230.jpg

Edited by cornerstone
Added photo

Hi Cornerstone, 

Hope the photo below answer your question. Unfortunately, I did NOT have any more clear photos for this. 

I sanded it down enough to fit the keel and used wood putty for gaps. It might NOT be the perfect curvature but mine was NOT that obvious. 

Good luck building.  

image.thumb.png.b3556b7fdf969ea92de27336cba208f2.png