War of Independence Schooner by PatLynch - Lindberg kit 70711A - PLASTIC

I’m a newbie at ship modeling and doing some training-wheels plastic projects to learn a bit about rigging and model weathering techniques—on my way to building more ambitious wood kits. This is a customized version of the old Lindberg “War of Independence Schooner” (No. 70711), out of production for 30+ years, but sometimes the kits pop up for sale on Ebay. My model is inspired by the U.S. revenue cutter “Alexander Hamilton,” which was based in Boston from 1830–1850, and lost in 1853 in a storm off Charleston, South Carolina. I did not like the Lindberg cannon supplied with the kit, and I’m looking for metal cannon at the appropriate scale. I also haven’t decided how to add scale ratlines, but I now have the Model Shipways ratline kits to work with.

Lynch-Hamilton-1.jpg

Lynch-Hamilton-2.jpg

Lynch-Hamilton-3.jpg

Lynch-Hamilton-4.jpg

Good to know! I've seen clippers depicted with and without, so I wondered. Lennarth Petersson ("Rigging Period Fore-And-Aft Craft," The American Schooner) showed his schooner example with ratlines, but many paintings I've seen do not show ratlines. Thank you!  🙂