M40 and CCKW Diorama by SaturnV - FINISHED - Tamiya

Hi folks!

I did not know until today that I could post pics of other types of kits than ship models.

I have built plastic models of just about everything over the years and this is my first diorama that I built almost two years ago.

For me, wooden ship model building requires me to have a certain frame of mind - it takes concentration and problem solving that don't come easy for me. So, I have to do plastic model bashing to get to the point where I feel confident about working on wooden ships. This is one of those projects that got me back to wooden ships (namely the paddle wheel ship The Reti V.).

This is two Tamiya kits that I put together and placed on a wood fiber board base that I covered with play sand, spray glue and some store bought bushes and shrubs.

The M40 was made with an after market barrel and the ladder is just scrap wood.

The CCKW truck is stock with a balsa wood airplane tissue scratch built tarp and additional bags and boxes from a Tamiya extras kit.

I purchased additional ammo shells to get a complete set that would be carried for this type of motor carriage gun.

The figures came with the M40 kit and were my first attempt at modeling scale people.

The diorama was based on a photo I found on the internet:

M40 001.jpg

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG