Picked this up and its a very old model. discontinued at least 25 years ago. Billings couldnt give me any information as to when it was discontinued or any info in general. not sure why but possibly they dont keep records that old.

this is going to be a slow time build (says me who hasnt finished my HMS Victory after starting it 5 years ago) mainly due to the age and very sparse build notes/plans etc.

image.png.28663262b32077f3faf774470cada6c0.png

• The title was changed to Dannebrog by Erik A - Billings Boats - 1:100

pics here of the opened box. the deck panels and backbone are warped. i assume due to age. the rest are the bits and pieces in the box along with a sheet of instructions and a full sizeimage.thumb.jpeg.9b4ba983f7ce8f9469ae12dcda497704.jpeg plan page. image.thumb.jpeg.48d738b7f137172c88b3804772dfdaef.jpeg

IMG_20240609_194401.jpg

Picked up the bits i needed to make a slip for the ship and was checking out the parts and none of them fit all the BH will need to be filed back to fit the backbone. i assume thats what they did pre CNC. so that they werent too loose 

What a beautiful yacht. Too bad this model is seldomly built and pretty much unavailable nowadays.

Yes, you absolutely need to straighten that keel, before planking. The deck will help get it straight but I would use pieces of wood/strips between the frames, to keep it as straight as possible.

Yves