USS Constitution by capnharv2 - Model Shipways

Thanks Michael. It's been fun but a challenge at times. I feel like I know so much more about rigging than when I started this project.

You're correct on the freezing (or lack thereof). Even though it's 27 deg with a dusting of snow, it never freezes over here-at least not enough to require us to pull boats out of the water.

The boat is coming out for routine maintenance. The masthead blocks are bad and need to be replaced. While we're at it, we're replacing the gaff jaws and rebuilding the bowsprit around the gammoning iron. There are a few weeping fasteners and some gouges in the hull I'd like to fix. But nothing big. She still doesn't leak and still looks good.

Steeling up the courage to tackle some more mainmast shrouds and lanyards. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks,

Harvey

Thanks Dave. I finished up the main shrouds and lanyards last night. I have to redo the block on the sb main swifter (think running backstay for square rigger), then tension the main and main preventer stays. Then I'm done! :o

Right. Sheer poles and tops next. I'd like to do the rat lines and snaking, but I think I can use the clearance for the rest of the standing rigging.

Hope to bring it to January's meeting. See you then.

Thanks,

Harvey