"British Royal Yachts: a complete illustrated history"

Just got my copy from Amazon.

Large format 10.5" BY 10.5" 

340 pages

Lots of big really clear pic's some in full color

A number of original draughts .I like the fact that the author has not gone the route of using redrawn plans.

I ordered a "used like new" copy and it was less than $30 including shipping. Dirt cheap compared to the price of some books.

This book covers all of the English royal yachts from the Stuarts through today. It's well organized and clearly written. The volume makes it possible for me to untangle the 19 different yachts named "Mary" .

And best of all (one of my pet peeves) they have arranged the pages so that the pictures and the plans don't attempt to straddle the gutter in the center of the pages. You can actually see the whole thing.

The pictures and the plans are so well done that it made me want to sit down and start work on a yacht right now

This one is a keeper and I highly recommend it.

Edited by michaelpsutton2

Drown you may, but go you must and your reward shall be a man's pay or a hero's grave

Put it on my wishlist on Amazon.

I like the pricing. New $290 and used $26.00

I wonder how they do this. Sometimes with books like this they use random numbers.

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).