Le Hussard 1848 by cheetahhouse - Artesania Latina - 1:50 - First wood ship build

I'm not familiar with that model/ship, but I wouldn't think that the dipping fore/aft would be right.  There should be camber where the center is high and the sides are lower, and there may even be a fore/aft 'sweep' where it goes up fore and aft, but I would not expect it to go up and down or be 'wavy' like that.

Just going off of the pictures it doesn't look to me like you have the top of your bulkheads faired properly to allow the deck to lay correctly.

Is there a good side-view in your plan sheets where you can see the deck-line to compare it to what you have?[/quote

You are right, the side elevation shows the bulkheads to be level straight across the ship. I think at this point I am going to shim the centre bulkheads so they are perfectly in line with the others. For the purposes of camber, I will adjust the bulkhead frames from the centre. Using and following the plan from the start is another lesson learned. The instructions in this kit have completely let me down and led me astray. Thanks to the comments and suggestion on this site...I should be back on track in due time.

post-17754-0-61810800-1424825361_thumb.jpg

Dale,

I'm glad the deck isn't glued on yet. There are some things that could use fixing. That dip amidships shouldn't be there.

This is true and I will working on correcting this.

It looks like some of the bulkhead do not follow the deck camber or sheer line.

From the side elevation, it is difficult if not impossible to see the actual camber...unless I am completely missing it? Feeling best course is to modify all bulkheads at exact level. For camber purposes ...I have an idea that should work nicely... Thinking to run three single planks over each of the bulkhead openings hereby forcing a natural raise on the center of the ship.

A couple of ideas here.

-make a template (from the plans) that follows the deck camber at the top of every bulkhead. Lay that template on top of your installed bulkheads. My hope is that the bulkheads farthest fore and aft are too flat, or too high at the outboard ends.

-make another template of the center keel where the deck attaches. Lay that template along the center keel. If I recall, the top of the center keel should be a long smooth curve. The center keel on my LH seemed to be set of disjointed straight lines.

Yes it the same with mine.

Does the deck look similar on both sides? If so, the bulkheads may be sitting either too low or too high (or both). If the deck/bulkhead joint doesn't look the same on both sides, the bulkheads are twisted to port or starboard-maybe both.

This could be yet another situation that needs to be overcome...from early days of rushing into the model without first alignment of the frames is the root cause...

I've struggled with similar problems for years. If the bulkheads are glued in place, you can correct these problems by taking material off the high bulkhead tops or putting a filler piece on the tops of low bulkheads.

This is exactly how I see it now...adding filler pieces so all bulkheads are level .

Hope some of this helps.

It absolutely helps in more ways than one!

Thanks,

Harvey

Edited by cheetahhouse