Jump to content

Ed Ku20

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Millbrook, IL USA
  • Interests
    Travel, Gardening, Golf, Grand children

Contact Methods

  • Yahoo

Recent Profile Visitors

178 profile views

Single Status Update

See all updates by Ed Ku20

  1. Since my last post, I removed all of the bulkhead stanchions and smoothed down the waterway with some heavy sanding.  I was not happy with the way it looked after building it last month.  I think it looks much better now.  I glued in all the stanchions using CA glue.  I followed the process I found on the build log from CPDDET.  Thanks Dave, your procedure worked great!  I cut the scuppers and attached these bulwark planks including the waist plank. While these were exposed, I painted the waterway light grey and the inner bulwarks white.  I also planked the transom, inside and out.  These are photos from this point taken today.


    The next step is planking the deck.  I am following the process from Suburban Ship Modeler.  He inserted butt joints using a staggered pattern across the bulkheads of 13524.  Although more difficult, I think this looks a little more realistic then running planks the full length of the deck.  There is a tutorial on this process here:   http://modelshipworldforum.com/resources/Framing_and_Planking/Deck_PlankingIIbuttshifts.pdf


    Best regards,







  • Create New...