Jump to content

Bianca

Members
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Day 2 Attached the transom and started sanding it down but I was a bit worried that I would sand too much on the edges so I marked out the area that needed to be sanded off and carefully removed it. I realised that I had already sanded a bit too much on the left so I cut a small wedge out of the scrap wood and glued it on the keel It’s small enough that it shouldn’t throw off the chines but just enough that I’ll be able to glue the deck securely. It’s a bit untidy but hopefully I’ve managed to avoid any maj
  2. Day 1 I only just discovered this forum and I’m already a day into construction so I don’t have a nice flat lay picture of all the parts before the madness but oh well... Started off by cutting out and sanding down the keel, ribs and transom. The keel was a bit fiddly to cut out and after countless “don’t break it!” comments from dad he decided to take over and.... promptly broke it. 😂 So after gluing it back together I attached the ribs without incident and decided to leave the transom for tomorrow.
  3. Bought this kit when I was about 7 with the intention of it being a project for my dad and I to build together (or rather, for me to watch him build). Needless to say younger me didn’t quite have the attention span necessary and it’s been sitting untouched in the cupboard collecting dust ever since. Now, roughly 15 years later (and still lacking much patience), I’m finally going to attempt to build it myself (with a bit of help from dad of course).
×
×
  • Create New...