Lumberyard for Model Shipwrights Kits - Order Timeframe

Guest Tim I.

Guest Tim I.

Hello all,

Just an inquiry to those that have placed an order with Lumberyard for Model Shipwrights. I have placed and order for a kit, and tomorrow is three weeks since the point of order and I have not heard anything. The website says to allow 2-3 weeks for order processing.

I am curious to know from others who have ordered kits there, what the order experience was like -- also average fulfillment period.

Thank you,

Tim

• 6 months later...

I ordered the Lexington kit from them for a future build and noticed that the some of the bulk head frames were broken or cracked in shipping.  Nothing I haven't see in other kits.  I emailed the Lumberyard to tell them they were broke but fixable as just an FYI that the post office probably wasn't as gentle with the package as the could have been and they may need some extra padding.  The kit was complete and packaging should have bee good enough. 

The point is, I didn't ask for replacements as I was just going to glue them back up.  But I received and email telling me they were going to replace the broken parts and they shipped them to me the same week.