Caldercraft HMS Jalouse

Could the gang comment on this kit? Is it an early Caldercraft or a later Jotika kit? How are the instructions? Is the wood in need of replacement? Haven't seen any builds of this ship.

May want to build this one down the road, since it ties into some of the nautical fiction I've been reading.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Chris, thanks for your comments. This is way back on the list of "want to dos". My skills need to get further along first. I've had to deal with some pretty spartan instructions as a kit building model railroader, so I've learned some skills at interpreting "instructions". Guess this little brig isn't very popular.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

• 2 weeks later...

I built this kit several years ago without rigging - I didn't have any trouble at all, and I substituted most of the supplied wood with woods from Jeff Hayes' Hobbymill - I don't have any photos left but you can see a couple of shots on Jeff's website - the model looks great and draws many compliments. I highly recommend this model, but probably not until you've got a couple under your belt - I don't know why more people don't build this one.

Dana Groover