Deadeye Sizes - Stated and Actual

If I had a few builds under my belt I probably wouldn't have to ask this, but right now I have nothing to compare to.

I am building Niagara - scale 1:64.  The parts list states 2 sizes of deadeyes 1/8" and 3/32" .  In actuality, the 1/8" are really 5/32" and the 3/32" are 7/64" .  So right off the bat I am starting with deadeyes that are a bit over sized.

Why does this matter?  I was hoping to use Chuck P's  deadeyes as a replacement but I am running into a size difference there too. Chuck offers 3mm, 4mm, 5mm sizes. The 3mm would be quite a bit larger than a 3/32" (the stated size) but not much larger than the actual size 7/64" .  Same story with the 4mm and 5/32" . The raw numbers:

3/32" = 2.4mm but the actual 7/64 = 2.8mm

1/8" = 3.2mm but the actual 5/32" = 3.9mm

What I am trying to determine is if I could go with Chuck's 3mm and 4mm sizes? They are a little bigger than the kit supplied and I don't know if that would be noticeable.

What do you think?

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

Ahhh, the illusion of smallness.  While the look of the kit deadeyes is not bad (except for some of the hole spacings) I like Chuck's better. I got to thinking maybe I can just run them in the block tumbler a bit longer. That might reduce the size a little more.

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo