Fellow Shipwrights,

I found a fairly old MS Pilot Boat Phantom kit in my dad's basement and I thought I'd work on that after I finished my current build (Willie L. Bennett).  He clearly will never build it.

The issue is that he started carving the stern and thinning the bulwarks, but nothing else, and if the meager instructions give any indication (compared to the ones I can download on Model expo's site), I think he bought the kit before it included the templates to measure against the hull.

Does anyone who has built the Phantom still have the card stock hull templates that they are willing to part with?  I could always make my own, but wanted to check with the experts first.

Thank you,

Rob

Current Build (going to take me awhile...can't wait to retire from Active Duty!!) - however, the hiatus is over so the shipyard is opening!:

MS Willie L. Bennett 1:32 - Build Log

Next Builds:

MS Phantom

MS Dapper Tom

MS 18th Century Longboat

MS Bluenose

MS Rattlesnake

If I Gain the Experience and Talent:

Syren

USS Constitution

Sorry, I don't have mine anymore. If you have the plans, you can make templates with them. Printed the station lines and made templates with those. You can see what I did in my build log in my signature.

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Elijah,

Thank you for the quick response. I've been following your build log; you are doing a fantastic job on the Phantom. I saw on your profile that you are exactly 10 days younger than my son, Andrew. He is more interested in computers than wood, but I'm still working on him!!

If no one wants to give me their card stock templates, I will follow your advice and use the drawings to make my own.

Edited by Rob the SWO

Current Build (going to take me awhile...can't wait to retire from Active Duty!!) - however, the hiatus is over so the shipyard is opening!:

Next Builds:

MS Phantom

MS Dapper Tom

MS 18th Century Longboat

MS Bluenose

MS Rattlesnake

Syren

USS Constitution

I think Elijah nailed it - making a ser from the plans is probably your best option. I have the templates, but after cutting them out and using to fair the hull, rhey are a bit seasoned.

Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll send them to you.

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Tripp,

Thanks for the offer, but I got an error message when I tried to PM you.

Cheers,

Rob

Next Builds:

MS Phantom

MS Dapper Tom

MS 18th Century Longboat

MS Bluenose

MS Rattlesnake

Syren

USS Constitution