MS Progress by popeye the sailor - Billing Boats - 1:50 scale

hello Sandy.....so sorry not to have seen your post sooner :blush:  these boats are cool........I quite agree!  as the log stated this comes from an older kit of the Billing Nordkap......older than the first Nordkap I built.  I forget who built the boat that I'm emulating from.......I got them from a site called the Hull motor boat group.  this site has closed down some time ago.......I was an active member.  I haven't done any RC boats,  but it was still cool to see what others across the pond were building ;)   the Progress was an actual kit that Billings produced,  along with the Nordkap back in the day.  being sort of a clone of the Nordkap kit,  it's very easy to modify it.  I have been thinking of this project lately...........I've been dabbling with plastic and I'm to the point where I'm beginning to scratch build things from plastic sheet.  the itch may be returning ;)   I started to think over the bow cabin.........at one time,  I was thinking of simply doing a foredeck instead.  the idea has crossed my mind again and I'm beginning to like it more.  I may also redo the anchor hawse holes........size looks an issue,  but that's how they were also shown on the Nordkap.  Robin's egg blue is what we call that color over here...........I have some too :) 

so.....at the moment,  there has been no further progress on the Progress.  I was getting ready to plank the deck........already made the margins as I did for the Nordkap.  I hope to get back to her soon.......your inquiry may have lit a fire under my butt to get a move on...we'll see!

here is a picture of my Nordkap,  in case you haven't seen it

Nordkap.JPG.aa94ad0e99235128304e1e96e5f02487.JPG   100_0386.thumb.JPG.9e4816ca6a72f27d3b2fffbd6373e00a.JPG

alright........two of them.  no one said I could count :blink:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch