Need help in interpreting body plan

Hi to all,

I am contemplating on making a POB model using the stations/cross sections in the draught below to make my bulkheads.

The problem is that the cross sections in my body plan are not labeled as to which stations in the profile view does each of them correspond to (see attached pic) :(

post-256-0-94163200-1368226756_thumb.jpg

Am I just to assume that the cross sections on the left represent the aftmost stations in an orderly fashion without skipping any station (i.e cross section A represents station 31, cross section B represents station 28, C represents section 27 and so on, until we come to cross section H, which represents stations 17 to 0)? Am I also to assume that the same is  true for the cross sections on the right (i.e. cross section number 1 is the foremost station and so on)? I'm a bit wary of doing this because this seems to produce too many identical cross sections in the waist of the ship. It seems that some stations are skipped in the body plan but the question is which station would each of these cross sections represent?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

EDIT: Ooops, I seem to have made an error in where I posted the topic, Moderators, please feel free to repost this in the Plans/Research area if applicable. Thanks very much.

Edited by rdsaplala

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

This is a problem. There are obviously omitted stations in the body plan near the midships, where the lines should be very close together and dense. While what is shown is well delineated, you don't really have enough information to be certain, as neither waterlines or buttock lines are shown. If you are experienced, I suppose you could approximate the form of the ship in the middle part of the body, but it would involve a fair amount of 'by guess and by golly' work.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Aldo:

These plans do not have every body section drawn. There would just too many lines too close together. Like Druxey said.

I think that you would need to redraw the plan to get what you want out of it.

Russ

Hi Joe, Druxey, and Russ

That confirms my suspicions about missing sections in the body plan, this is the AOTS Diana... it's unfortunate that the author didn't go the extra mile to draw each corresponding section in the body plan like McKay did in the AOTS Pandora, I guess the best option, if I were to pursue this project, would be to get to original NMM Draughts and try my hand at drafting the missing stations. Thanks very much for the help guys :)

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo