Brass Sheaves: Where to find?

Does anyone know where I could order some small brass sheaves for RC Running Rigging?

Walter Biles

Check with Bluejacket Shipcrafters. I am not sure what size you need, but they sell some brass sheaves last I looked.

Russ

Thank you Russ, Janos.

I checked JB. I suspect that the shipping alone would overshadow the price of the parts, which I can't calculate. 

Then I checked Bluejacket Shipcrafters.  They had up to 1/4" diameter sheaves. Those are almost the size as the ones I made from the hanger.  I will keep them in mind.  I saved both sites in favorites.   

Walt Biles

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought some brass sheaves from Cornwall Model Boats sized from 2.5mm diameter to 6mm diameter at 13 pence each plus some postage. I have bought other items from CMB and they ship within 1-2 days and I have never been disappointed with their products and I don't find their airmail costs too much. However, if you order timber lengths they will cut them in half which might be OK unless you need them in 1m length and want to pay for a courier - very expensive.

CMB website: http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/ship_fittings.html

Edited by Blackie

Current build: Amati Shamrock V 1:80

Past Builds: Kits: Schooner for Port Jackson, MSY and St Lucia (Tartane), Panart, Modified Harvey, AL

Scratch: Captain Cook III Pilot Steamer, Kookaburra II motor launch, Sydney Heritage Fleet Steam Tug Waratah