I have several books about ships that discuss various areas of ship building, be it model or otherwise. The problem I encounter is I have to look through several different books to find the definition

of what I want (Rigging is in one book, Sails another, etc. etc. etc.) I have found "The Modelers Glossary" on a members only website in Canada. I prefer holding a book in my hand to read rather than searching various sites on a computer all day. Is there any one source book like this that anyone knows of? It would be greatly appreciated.

Allen

Current Builds: Mayflower - 1:60; Golden Hind - 1:50

Past Builds: Marie Jeanne, Bluenose, Bluenose II, Oseberg, Roar Ege,

Waiting to Build: Swift

It sounds like you need a dictionary of nautical terms.  The Sailor's Word-Book is 744 pages of nautical terminology, defined.  It's in print and fairly easy to find.  

The Sailor's Word-Book, by Admiral W. H. Smyth, 1867, Algrove Publishing.

After checking Algrove's book list, I'm here to tell you they are no longer selling The Sailor's Word-Book.  They do publish a lot of books on traditional wood-working and a few interesting books on the age-of-sail.  It's worth a look.  Algrove Publishing is part of the Lee Valley Tools web site.

The Sailor's Word-Book is available from Amazon among other places.