Main yard brace lizards

rkwz

Hello all (again),

I have yet another Victory rigging related question...

Main yard brace lizards/lizzards - where do they tie off to?

Hackney says to tie them to the "no 4 mizzen shroud one ratline below the 2nd full length ratline above deck level).

Longridge doesn't really mention the specifics of where to tie it off to, simply "made fast to one of the mizzen shrouds". 

So which way is the "correct" way? Hackneys method seems a little too low on the shrouds (see green cross). Some builds I've seen on the forum have it on the aft most mizzen shroud (red cross approx.)

IMG_20200821_193855__01.thumb.jpg.cae98008ab7f6a410340a4f4c620c545.jpg

Apologies for the rudimentary lizard thimbles!

Cheers,

Ron

Hi, I placed as per your green cross. However, i built the Victory over 25 years ago and not sure why I came to that conclusion. I had both of those books but mainly worked to the Hackney book.

Current Build(s):

• H.M.S Diana 1794 - Caldercraft 1:64 Scale

Completed Builds:

Thank you Thunder. As I recall, it was you who recommended me Hackney's manual earlier in my log which set me on the right path! I can't thank you enough :cheers:

I've decided to follow Gil's method which was to tie it off to the aftmost mizzen shroud a little higher, but leaving it loose in case I need to redo it or if more information comes to light...

Cheers,

Ron