Snipe by CRob - Dumas #1122 - small

I haven't received the kit yet but this is what it's supposed to be.1174219451_DumasSnipe.jpg.5a05fdfb0f41fbd075763d727768f862.jpg

I posed this on the new member forum:
Hi everyone I'm brand new to this hobby. I was browsing the internet and ran across a wooden kit of a Snipe and ordered it. My history is up until I was a teenager every Sunday we would go to the sailing club, on the lake, after church and sail with my step father in a regatta on board his Snipe. It reached a point it needed to be worked on (dry rot) and I tried my hand at it and failed. So this kit has special meaning to me.
  With that being said I'm wondering if I should start with an easier kit? Does anyone out there have experience with a Dumas, Snipe #1122?

I don't even know what type of glue to use.  Looking forward to hearing from someone. 

Thank you all for the encouragement. I did order a how to build wooden models for beginners, and am hoping that helps. I totally read thru DRW's build and the thing that troubled me is in his post #3 where he was glad he didn't start with this one. This boat has sentimental value to me but I suppose I can build another one to match my step-father's snipe. 

Current Builds:
Snipe by CRob -Dumas #1122- Small
Sailboat by CRob - Dumas #1007 - small

• 2 weeks later...