Yankee Hero 1899 by Captain Mantooth - BlueJacket Shipcrafters - Scale 3/8" = 1'

Snapchat-311949818.thumb.jpg.11efe37c6156e93c166a9fa33c8bafa0.jpgMaking progress after a slow start. As a Gen Z/Y or Millennial,  I grew up on Lego picture instructions. I found the instructions sometimes vague for how detailed and precise the kit is. I was able to get to this step, but it was difficult.  Looking at instructions and other posts, I thought I was going to be carving out more wood.  (Looking ahead at how S1, K1, K2 and K3 fit together (with K1 being cut shorter), was helpful))

I was suprised to see no videos of others building too! Maybe a thought for a future build.  

This has been very fun kit. I'm excited for the hold and cabin!Snapchat-311949818.thumb.jpg.11efe37c6156e93c166a9fa33c8bafa0.jpg

A few items I learned on finishing the hull:

- The grey primer fills a lot of gaps.  I spent a lot of time using wood filler that was easily sanded off.  

- I did the primer before putting on the deck.  I could be a more liberal with the paint and not worry about the deck

- My mast hole was off . . .I filled the hole and I will drill a new one tonight

- and yes, my hull line has a few curves.  Once I went to glue everything, I had gone off the center line a bit.  Sanding and wood filler got it "close" to normal :)

20210403_130052.jpg

20210330_124927.jpg

20210402_210830.jpg

Edited by Captain Mantooth

• 3 weeks later...