Futtock Shrouds and ratlines

I am just about ready to attach the Futtock shrouds to the main shrouds and got to thinking about the ratlines . It was my intention to leave the ratlines until the last thing on the standing rigging ie 'ratting down' I am now wondering that once I connect up the futtock shrouds  to the futtock stave and lower shrouds ,how difficult would it be to get to the ratlines at the top of the shrouds,behind the futtock shrouds and wondering if it would be easier to do the main lower shrouds first, or at least do ratlines  down to the futtock stave. Hope this makes sense. Sorry if this has been asked many times before. Best regards Dave

Edited by DaveBaxt

Completed     St Canute Billings            Dec 2020

Completed    HMS Bounty Amati          May 2021 Finished

Currently building HM Bark Endeavour  

You do not need to rattle the shrouds above the futtock stave. 

If you have ever been aloft on an actual ship you will quickly see that they are fairly useless anyway. There is no room to put your feet between the shrouds.  Sailors going aloft climb up the outside of the futtock shrouds. They are rattled in the same manner as the shrouds.

Regards,

Henry

Laissez le bon temps rouler ! 

Current Build:  Le Soleil Royal

Completed Build Amerigo Vespucci

26 minutes ago, popeye2sea said:

You do not need to rattle the shrouds above the futtock stave. 

If you have ever been aloft on an actual ship you will quickly see that they are fairly useless anyway. There is no room to put your feet between the shrouds.  Sailors going aloft climb up the outside of the futtock shrouds. They are rattled in the same manner as the shrouds.

Regards,

That sounds like it is going to make life easier.It kind of makes sense now that you have explained it.Thanks once again for your input .It is very much appreciated. Best regards dave

Completed     St Canute Billings            Dec 2020

Completed    HMS Bounty Amati          May 2021 Finished

Currently building HM Bark Endeavour