I have been (ever so slowly) going through my library to catalog my book collection, mainly to declutter for next house reno work which requires me to move out book shelves at least on a temporary basis.  So, the old kill two birds with one stone.  

I found 2 copies of this book (more of a magazine format, paperback) - 18 pages with text inside both covers.  I will give one away.  

The Golden Hinde covers the rebuilding of the replica ship which now resides at The Golden Hinde Museum in London.  The book looks like a 'commemorative' item to cover the July 1973 launch of the hull.  This issue (copyright 1973) shows work up through the launch of the hull and before the stepping of the masts.  The text covers techniques used for building the ship, and facts from about the period, and about Sir Francis Drake. The photos are all in color.  The background images for each page are period pieces and identified as to what they show (but not too much detail to be seen).   If you want to see steps on the building of a replica, this would be a great source book.  Cover and sample page below. Slight bends on corners but otherwise excellent condition. 

I got this book as part of an 'estate sale' on e-bay years ago.  The person had an obsession with the Golden Hind (apparently) as there were 3-4 books and a set of plans for a model included in the collection and other items on galleons.  The edition I am keeping (different covers, a few different images).  The text is identical except the photo captions.  This edition of the book shows for sale at Thriftbooks for <12.00  (Link) and eBay for about $17.  

As topic says: Free.  I ask you to pay postage and in this case a bit of 'handling' charge.  I'll need to buy an oversized protective envelope so add a bit for that.  I estimate shipping and handling to be in the $2-4 range using lowest postal rate.  Personal check is acceptable, pay after receipt of book. 

After reading Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury in junior high (er...middle) school, I have had problems just throwing books away.  I'd rather give it away than throw it away.  So, just pay S/H charges and it's yours.  

PM me if you are interested.  First come, first served based on date of PM.  

Golden Hinde cover.jpg

Golden Hinde Sample pg.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert Chenoweth

Current Build: Maine Peapod; Midwest Models; 1/14 scale.

In the research department:

Nothing at this time.

Completed models (Links to galleries): 

Monitor and Merrimack; Metal Earth; 1:370 and 1:390 respectively.  (Link to Build Log.)

Shrimp Boat; Lindbergh; 1/60 scale (as commission for my brother - a tribute to a friend of his)

North Carolina Shad Boat; half hull lift; scratch built.  Scale: (I forgot).  Done at a class at the NC Maritime Museum.

Dinghy; Midwest Models; 1/12 scale

(Does LEGO Ship in a Bottle count?)

I'll give it a few days to see.  I'll get back to you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert Chenoweth

Current Build: Maine Peapod; Midwest Models; 1/14 scale.

In the research department:

Nothing at this time.

Completed models (Links to galleries): 

Monitor and Merrimack; Metal Earth; 1:370 and 1:390 respectively.  (Link to Build Log.)

Shrimp Boat; Lindbergh; 1/60 scale (as commission for my brother - a tribute to a friend of his)

North Carolina Shad Boat; half hull lift; scratch built.  Scale: (I forgot).  Done at a class at the NC Maritime Museum.

Dinghy; Midwest Models; 1/12 scale

(Does LEGO Ship in a Bottle count?)