Posting Shop Notes Questions

I don’t believe that it is exaggerating to say that MSW is the World’s finest storehouse of information about researching and constructing quality ship models.  Unfortunately many questions are so indefinite that they fail to take advantage of this expertise.

For example, a question like “I am building XYZ, what glue should I use?” Is to indefinite for an intelligent response.  What is the specific application, what materials are you joining, and where do you live? The answer all depends on the answer to these questions.  If you are building the model in Europe, glues available at a US Big Box store may not be available where you live.

Other questions require some knowledge of your work environment.  Are you building the model in an apartment?  Do you have access to major woodworking or metalworking tools.  For example, if your model is finished, you are building a case and you live in apartment, an answer explaining how to build a wood framed case using a table saw is probably not helpful.

In short, more specific questions will generate better answers.

Roger