HMS Terror by John AA - OcCre - 1/75th scale - new member and builder

22 hours ago, John AA said:

Thanks Keith, will do, have been busy with our cold spell - hoping to get a few minutes in the shipyard soon. This area is not very clear in the book, it would have been good to have a larger version of the rigging, or maybe a link to larger scale to bring out the detail. Meyy Xmas all,

Regards, John

Merry Xmas John- as we say in Cumbria ev a gud yan marra😁. If you check very last post in my log you might want recreate the anchor release on the catheads before much more goes on there (unlike muppet here)!

Keith

• 3 months later...

Hi All, shipyard closed for a while, but I picked up a base last year and wondered what you think. I was going to oil or satin varnish the base and possibly paint the posts black, maybe with a little dry brush of gold? Also, any ideas about attaching posts and Terror - wondered about long screws or maybe brass rods? This would mean some careful woodwork and drilling into Terror which I'm not sure I'm up to.

IMG_5378.jpeg

IMG_5383.jpeg

Edited by John AA
picture orientation changed

welcome back John- i see your shipyard is rail served too😉. how about gluing strips of wood at 90degrees to the keel with a couple of support pillars like in a dockyard? If using the pillars they would need screwed or pinned as there is a lot of weight causing stresses.

Keith