Iwata HP-C Replacement Parts Questions

Hey guys,

I recently aquired a used Iwata HP-C airbrush which seems to have been discontinued a few years back and was replaced by the HP-C Plus.  I have no idea what size nozzle or pin it has in it but I am thinking I probably should get a new set of at least a .5mm nozzle ect because I am having some trouble spraying the Golden fluid acrylics thinned with Golden airbrush medium.  Does anyone know where I can get these parts?  Are they standard over all Iwata brushes?  If not, will the HP-C Plus parts work in my brush?

Thanks for the help guys, I am brand new to airbrushing and trying to figure this all out.

-Max

"We should not moor a ship with one anchor, nor our life with one hope."

Current Build: Benjamin Latham, Model Shipways

On Hold:  Pilot Boat Phantom, Model Shipways

Completed Builds:  Chesapeake Bay Crabbing Skiff, Midwest;  The Dinghy, Midwest;  Sharpie Schooner, Midwest

Hi Max,

I recently bought a Iwata HP-C Plus from these guys http://www.airbrushmegastore.com/.  They are Australian but I believe they ship world wide and seem to cater well for spare parts.

I don't know where you are located but a google search of Iwata Airbrush brought up lots of hits (I was trying to find an official dealer in the UK for you).  Maybe find a local (ish) one to you and phone them up.  You may find that the parts are interchangable anyway.

Sorry can't be of more help.

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)

Thanks for the responses!  Those links really helped, just out of curiosity, what do you guys recommend as to the size of nozzle?  Are all the needles the same than the only thing that changes is the nozzle?  I am very new to this and don't know how it all works.  Also, what are the different benefits of going with .5mm or .35mm ect?

-Max

"We should not moor a ship with one anchor, nor our life with one hope."

Current Build: Benjamin Latham, Model Shipways

On Hold:  Pilot Boat Phantom, Model Shipways

Completed Builds:  Chesapeake Bay Crabbing Skiff, Midwest;  The Dinghy, Midwest;  Sharpie Schooner, Midwest