San Juan by VictorBXM - OcCre - 1:70 - Felucca

I have recently made my debut in a naval kit modeling with the OCCRE's Felucca San Juan and the truth is that I am really enjoying the process. In addition to the complexity of modeling, I have decided to complicate my life even more by recording a video tutorial step by step, in the hope that my mistakes and successes will be useful to others who are starting like me. I share with you the work I'm doing to see what you think and give me some advices to improve.

The video's audio is in spanish, but you can find de subs in english. 

Do you know of any upgrades for the kit that are not complacent and within the reach of a novice? 

• 2 weeks later...

I've continued to make progress with the San Juan, I've got the bulwarks installed and the first strake in place. Apart from a few small problems with the white glue, it has not gone badly. I thought I would have to use the soldering iron to bend the strake and the truth is that I have managed very well with the cyanoacrylate and the nails and I have not needed it. Now, I get the bent nails in even with the nailer. 🤣

Any advice with the nailer? I have a lot of nails bend :( 

I leave the video I have published in case you want to see how it goes. Let me know your opinion.

Thank you!

Hi Victor. Great start on your build!

On 9/1/2022 at 3:34 PM, VictorBXM said:

Any advice with the nailer?

I used small needle nose plyers instead of the push nailer and didn't set them fully. Once the glue dried they were easy to remove which was much easier than filing off the heads per the instructions.

Ken

Current Build

HM Alert - 1777 - Vanguard

Next Build

Fair American - Model Shipways

Completed Builds

18TH Century Merchantman Half Hull Planking Kit - NRG

San Juan Felucca - OcCre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greetings to all! I have continued working on the model, I already have the second lining on and it is looking quite good. By the way, I have doubts about how I should treat the wood... I've seen that there are people who give it oil, primer, varnish, etc. But I'm not sure which is the best option. What dou you recommend? I leave you here the new video that I have published so that you can see how I am doing.