Couple build questions - wood decks

Sgmartz

Hello MSW,

I had a couple questions on wood deck stickers/veneers.

Should I prime the deck before gluing it down? Do you recommend painting the cleats and other items above the deck before the wood is down?

What is recommended for glue? I’ve heard multiple from white to wood to gorilla glue. Do I remove the paper Medium the deck is on the bottom?

Lastly, the kit I ordered came with both a wood veneer and then a yellow piece of paper with a deck design on it as well. Is this the photo resistant paper or something else? 

I plan to do the deck in an AK dark wood deck wash with a clear coat. I welcome suggestions as well! I’ve seen a few YouTube videos on it. I want to keep it simple but effective. I’m not a skill level to paint individual deck boards yet. 

Thanks in advance! Steve

I'm sorry but I have no experience with plastic ship modeling. Hopefully someone can answer your questions. I would think you would install the deck before priming and paint your cleats and other items before attaching but these are only guesses. 

Richard

Completed scratch build: The armed brig "Badger" 1777

Current scratch build: The 36 gun frigate "Unite" 1796

Completed kits: Mamoli "Alert", Caldercraft "Sherbourne"