compound table for Dremel work station

Does anyone know if there is a compound table for the Dremel Rotary Workstation, or one that will work with the dremel rotary workstation?

I want to try my had at precision drilling and milling but would rather not replace all my Dremel equipment to do this.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard
Member: The Nautical Research Guild
                Atlanta Model Shipwrights

Current build: Syren

I have the Proxxon mounted to my Dremel stand. I had to drill new mounting holes to mount it to the base. It works fine.

This is my setup.

post-513-0-36031400-1377967250.jpg

The board on top is fastened with T-nuts. It allows me to screw the part down or to screw a clamp board anywhere I want instead of just the T-slots. Also if I’m drilling a series of holes or making a slot all the way through I don’t have to worry about damaging the cross slide.

The other picture shows the mounting to the Dremel stand. The holes in the Proxxon do not line up with the stand base.

post-513-0-47006900-1377967262.jpg

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

I was thinking about a dremel stand today.  I was making some custom parts for the boat and thought of a mounted dremel, kind of like Bob's but pointing up through a hole for sculpting wood on a flat surface.  Probably easier to make one but hey I like using the wireless dremel by hand.  It gets messy with basswood but faster than sanding!!!

Casey

"I drank what?" - Socrates

Current Builds:  

Finished Builds: 

Future Builds:        

• Mamoli Golden Hind
  • Mamoli Black Prince
  • AL Swift

cdogg,

dremel makes a shaper / router table # 231.  might be what your looking for. Amazon has it for about $30.

Richard

Richard

Rtropp- Thanks!  Only problem is where to hide it!  I would love that thing but my wife has put the foot down on cool ship building tools.  As long as I justify the dremel as a "potential" jewelry polisher, I get free reign! haha.

Casey

"I drank what?" - Socrates

Current Builds:  

Finished Builds: 

Future Builds:        

• Mamoli Golden Hind
  • Mamoli Black Prince
  • AL Swift

My Dremel stand and X-Y table are both about ten years old.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Casey,

The shaper / router also takes polishing and grinding bits.  That frees up two hands to manipulate the piece

... just saying :)

Richard

Richard

When I was first accumulating tools. Like you I had an old Dremel. so I purchased the Dremel drill press. I was very disappointed. it was not sturdy enough nor was it very accurate. Particularly when I could get a decent Delta for under $200. I would agree that if you have your heart set on using the Dremel the Vanda Lay tools are the way to go. I use my Dremel quite a bit. But not for precision drilling or milling.

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

Floyd,

I appreciate that.  Sometimes its hard to let go of old, trusted tools.  They were just made better.  Bob's work station looks a good deal sturdier than the one I just bought and as mentioned in the "x-y for dremel" thread, the newer dremel workstations are too flimsy to function as a mill.

So, I have to consider how much I am willing to pay for an education. It doesn't pay at all if the tool won't do the job.  That would just be frustration.  So I will have to decide, if I really want the learning experience, do I get a low end mill like the Proxxon, or or something even less expensive, like the Vanda Lay mill. Their difference in price after all is said, is not that much.

Bob,

Thanks for the pictures, they give me a good idea of my table options.

There is another thread "X-Y For Dremel" in tools and I think that it has as much, or more information.  I have already been posting to it.  Wish I had seen it before I started this one.

I think we should close this one down and all of us use that one so we keep all of this in one place.

Sorry for the duplication, but I really appreciate the experiences shared.

Much Thanks,

Richard

Richard